What are VA Loans?
VA loans are home loans backed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. They are designed to give men and women who have served our country, either through active duty military service or the reserve forces, federally-guaranteed loans. These loans do not require a downpayment, though they do require a funding fee. The fee varies based on the down payment offered by the buyer.
How We Help
We are proud to help veterans on the path to homeownership after their years of service to our country. We can walk you through the steps of a VA loan application. We educate you about the benefits and opportunities of VA loans, to help you make the most informed decision. You can start the process by applying for a loan today.
How it Works
Step 1: Get Organized
Get organized before you start the process. You will need:
Proof of Income
- Salaried employee: Last 2 months of pay stubs and last two years of W2’s.
- Self employed: Tax returns for the last 2 years and return and loss statements.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Retirement account information (401ks, IRAs, etc.)
Proof of Service
- Certificate of Eligibility: You must certify that you’re eligible for the VA program, which can sometimes be done through the Automated Certificate of Eligibility (ACE) program
- Proof of Service: Provide this proof during your application for the Certificate of Eligibility to avoid delays.
You may need other information, such as:
- If you own rental properties, you will need the rental agreements and tax returns for the last 2 years.
- If applicable, divorce decree or settlement agreement
- If not a U.S. citizen: A copy of green card front and back.
Step 3: Loan Matching
We search for the loan programs and rates that fit your situation. Because we work as a brokerage, we can choose from a variety of different lenders. We find the particular loan that works best for your situation. We look at:
- How long you plan to be in the home
- Whether to pay extra for points at close to obtain a better rate
- Loan program options
- Downpayment assistance
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Have a look at frequently asked questions & answers to understand more.
VA loans are for active and non-active service members, those who have served in the reserves or National Guard. They are also available to surviving spouses of military service members.
The VA loan funding fee is an additional fee paid to the VA. The amount varies between 1.25 and 3.3% of the total loan amount, depending on the amount of the downpayment, whether or not the VA loan has been used before, and the type of military service performed. Surviving spouses and veterans who are disabled 10% or more have their funding fee waived entirely.
Surviving spouses of veterans are eligible for VA loans. In this case, the funding fee is waived entirely. Contact us for a step-by-step walk through on the VA loan process as a surviving spouse.
Yes. You can take out a new VA loan even if you have used the program previously. This may affect the amount of your funding fee, but otherwise you are eligible for a subsequent VA loan.
No. VA loans can finance up to 104% of the home purchase price amount. This means that the funding fee may be greater than if you put down 5% or above, however it is possible to obtain a VA loan with no money down.
There are two types of refinance programs available for VA loans: cash-out refinance and streamline refinance (IRRRL). A cash out refinance allows the owner to take equity out of the home, whereas a streamline is available to reduce the interest rates.
Why They Choose Us
At Diversified Lending, we're here to ensure that you have the best information to make a decision for your future. Whether you are ready to buy today, or just looking to get started on the process and plan for the future, we're here to help you get started with the mortgage loan tools and programs to get you in your new home.
Get the process started today!
You can own your own home for less than the cost of your current rent payment.
Call Us Now (719) 266-4038
Emal Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company 5350 Academy Blvd N #204